About the Recipe
1/2 French Baguette, cut into 18 slices, about ½ inch thick each
2 TBSP Olive Oil
1 Cup Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Cheese – Perline (Pearl Size)
3 TBSP jarred Mango Chutney
3 TBSP jarred Fig Spread
3 TBSP Roasted Pecan Pieces (preparation tip follows)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) In a medium bowl, combine the mozzarella balls, chutney, fig spread and pecan pieces. Mix thoroughly.
3) Brush both sides of the baguette slices with olive oil.
4) Place the baguette slices on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes.
5) Remove the baking sheet from the oven, flip the baguette slices and top each with about 1 heaping TBSP of the mozzarella mixture.
6) Return to oven and bake 6 to 8 minutes more.
7) Remove from oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Preparation Tip for Roasted Pecan Pieces
Toss 1 cup pecan pieces in ½ TBSP melted butter and ½ tsp salt. Spread an even layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Bake 12 minutes at 325 degrees.