About the Recipe
Created by Dustin Barman - DBar Bakery
•1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
• 1/4 cup Crave Brothers Chocolate Mascarpone
• 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
• 1/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1 large egg
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons cornstarch
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1 cup chopped walnuts (toasted)
• Flake sea salt
• In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter, mascarpone (measure it by smooshing it into a 1/4-cup measure), sugars, egg, vanilla, and beat on mediumhigh speed until well-creamed, light and fluffy, about 5 minutes (or use an electric hand mixer and beat for at least 7 minutes).
• Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, optional salt, and mix until just combined, about 1 minute.
• Add chocolate chips and chunks, and beat momentarily to incorporate, or fold in by hand.
• Preheat oven to 350F, line a baking sheet with a Silpat Non-Stick Baking Mat or spray with cooking spray and place mounds on baking sheet, spaced at least 2 inches apart (I bake 8 cookies per sheet). • Bake for 10 to 13 minutes, or until edges have set and tops are just beginning to set, even if slightly undercooked, pale and glossy in the center.
• Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing and transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
• Cookies will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months. Alternatively, unbaked cookie dough can be stored airtight in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, so consider baking only as many cookies as desired and save the remaining dough to be baked in the future when desired.