About the Recipe
Created by Dustin Barman -D-Bar Bakery
• 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
• 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder
• 1 cup granulated white sugar
• 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1/2 cup Crave Bros. chocolate mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
• 3 large eggs, at room temperature
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup all purpose flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
• 6 tablespoons whipping cream
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
PREPARE THE BROWNIES:
• Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 9-inch square pan.
• Place the chopped chocolate and espresso powder in a mixing bowl; set aside. In a
small glass bowl, melt the butter in a microwave. Pour the butter over the chocolate and
let stand for 30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is completely melted and the butter is
well incorporated. Sift in the sugar and cocoa powder.
• With a wooden spoon, beat in the mascarpone, eggs and vanilla, mixing until smooth.
Gently fold in the flour and salt.
• Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until
a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the pan on a cooling rack and
let the brownies cool 10 to 15 minutes while you make the ganache.
PREPARE THE GANACHE FROSTING:
• Place the chopped chocolate in a mixing bowl. In a small saucepan, bring the cream and
butter to just below boiling point, over medium heat. Pour this hot mixture over the
chocolate and let stand for 30 seconds, then stir until smooth. Pour the ganache over the
brownies while still warm, and spread to cover evenly.
• Let the ganache firm-up before cutting. It's best to refrigerate them until quite firm. Once
the ganache is firm and the brownies have been cut, they do not need to be kept in the