About the Recipe
4 Fresh tomatoes, about 2 lb. (ripe tomatoes are better)
4 small Scallions
8 tablespoons White miso
1 cup Hot water
8 oz. Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
2 Store bought thin pizza crusts (3 oz. each)
2 teaspoons Olive oil
Coarse ground black pepper
1. Slice tomatoes thinly. Chop scallions. Slice mozzarella cheese into eight.
2. In a bowl, whisk together miso and hot water to dissolve miso.
3. Cut each pizza crust into four and brush one sides of crusts with olive oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake in 400 degrees F oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp.
4. In the meantime, make soup. Place tomato slices overlapping into a large deep skillet. Place the cheese over the tomatoes. Cover the skillet with a lid and turn on the heat to medium.
5. When the cheese starts to melt, open the lid and scatter the scallions over the top. Cover again and keep cooking until tomatoes start to release their juice.
6. Then open the lid, reduce heat to low and stir in the miso mixture breaking the tomatoes with a wooden spatula (you don’t need to break completely) until all ingredients are combined. Simmer about 1 minute. Turn off the heat.
7. To serve, put the soup into each serving plate evenly. Sprinkle with black pepper over the soup. Put the pizza crusts (2 pieces for each serving) on top.