About the Recipe
For Pizza crust:
1 and 1/4 cups All-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 tablespoons Olive oil
1/2 cup Milk
For Pizza Sauce:
1 Large egg yolk
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/4 teaspoon Crushed red pepper (adjust the amount based on your preferred spiciness if you wish)
8 oz. Crave Brothers Farmstead Classics Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
1/4 cup White miso
2 teaspoons Mirin
3 medium-large Shiitake mushrooms
8 large slices Tomato (from 7-8 oz. fresh tomato)
1 large Scallion, chopped
1. Make miso mozzarella. In a bowl, mix together miso and mirin. Slice the cheese into eight. Spread 1/3 of the mixture on a plastic warp (large enough to wrap the cheese). Place the mozzarella cheese over the miso mixture. Spread the rest of miso mixture all over the cheese. Wrap the cheese in the plastic wrap tightly. Refrigerate for 24 hours (up to 3 days).
2. Make pizza sauce. In a bowl, mix together egg yolk, sugar, soy sauce, crushed red pepper and mayonnaise.
3. Make pizza crust. Mix together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Add olive oil, milk, and mix to combine. Knead the dough until the dough holds together and is smooth (1-2 minutes). Form into a ball then roll out the dough on a floured work surface to about 11-inch circle. Place the dough on a 12-inch pizza pan lightly greased with non-stick cooking spray.
4. Remove the mozzarella cheese from the refrigerator. Remove plastic wrap and discard it. Remove the excess miso mixture from the mozzarella cheese (save the miso mixture for another use if you wish).
5. Remove the stem of shiitake mushrooms and discard. Slice shitake mushrooms thinly.
6. Spread about 2/3 of the pizza sauce on the dough. Arrange mozzarella cheese slices and tomato slices on the crust. Sprinkle with shiitake mushrooms and scallions over the top. Drizzle the rest of pizza sauce over the top. Bake in preheated 425 degrees F oven for 16-18 minutes or until edges of the crust turns nicely brown and crisp, and cheese melt.