About the Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
6 ounces Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, thinly sliced
2 large eggs, beaten
2 cups Italian seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
Ingredients for Sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium red onion, chopped
16 ounces mushroom, washed and sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 cup Marsala wine
8 ounces Crave Brothers Mascarpone
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup shredding parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 ounces dried pasta
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions for Chicken
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of plastic wrap or in a plastic bag.
Pound each gently with a mallet or heavy pan until 1/4 inch thick. Season both sides with salt and pepper.
3. Place 1 ounce of fresh mozzarella on each chicken breast. Roll the chicken up and secure with toothpicks if needed.
4. Beat the eggs in a shallow bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Place the breadcrumbs in another shallow, wide dish.
5. Roll each chicken breast in the egg mixture until well coated. Roll into the breadcrumb mixture until completely covered. Arrange chicken on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated over for 35-40 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 15 minutes.
Directions for Sauce
1. Add olive oil to a large pan over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until softened, about 5-7 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and add mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook an additional 3-5 minutes.
2. Pour in marsals wine, scraping up any bits on the bottom of the pan. Add mascarpone, parmesan, broth and rosemary. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
3. Bring a large pot of walted water to a boil and add pasta. Cook accordingly. Drain.
4. Add pasta to Mascarpone Marsala sauce and toss.
5. To serve, cut stuffed chicken breast into 1 inch slices. Serve with chopped parsley and alongside pasta.