About the Recipe
Olive oil 1/4 cup
Pancetta bacon, thinly sliced and julienne cut 1 LB
Field greens assorted variety of baby greens 4 cups
Crave Brothers Fresh Mozzarella, 2 oz portions 1 LB
Fresh strawberries, stemmed and halved 24 each
Roma tomatoes, seeded, cut into 1/8’s 3 each
Pickled Sliced Shallots, see recipe below 1/2 cup
Lavender Poppy Seed Vinaigrette, see recipe below 1 1/4 cups
Lavender Poppy Seed Vinaigrette
Ingredients Prepares 1 ¾ cups
Shallots, finely chopped 1 Tablespoon
Dijon mustard 1 Tablespoon
Olive oil 1 cup
Red wine vinegar 1/4 cup
Orange juice 3/4 cup
Agave nectar 1/2 cup
Dried lavender, Culinary grade only, crumbled 1 ½ teaspoons
Orange zest, finely grated 2 teaspoons
Kosher salt 1 teaspoon
Black pepper, ground 1/4 teaspoon
Cumin, ground 1/8 teaspoon
Poppy Seed 1/4 cup
1. Heat a large skillet with the olive oil using medium heat. To the skillet add the pancetta bacon; sauté the pancetta until crisp; cooking approximately 3-4 minutes.
2. Using a slotted spoon remove the crisp pancetta bacon from the sauté pan and drain onto absorbent paper towels.
3. Using a large chilled mixing bowl in batches place the field greens; for each salad add 1/2 oz of the prepared Lavender Poppy Seed Vinaigrette and gently toss the greens with the dressing.
4. To Serve:
a. In the center of 8 chilled decorative serving bowls evenly divide the salad greens; serving approximately 1 cup of dressed greens for each salad serving.
b. Onto each salad place a 2 oz portion of the fresh mozzarella.
c. Evenly divide the crisp pancetta bacon and 1 Tablespoon of the Pickled Sliced Shallots on top of the greens.
d. Symmetrically arrange the strawberries and Roma tomatoes around the base of the fresh mozzarella cheese on each salad.
e. Drizzle approximately 1 oz of additional Lavender Poppy Seed Vinaigrette over each salad and on top of the fresh mozzarella. Serve immediately and Enjoy!!
1. In a mixing bowl place the shallots and Dijon mustard.
2. In a slow stream add the olive oil while constantly stirring using a whisk. Mix until the dressing has thickened.
3. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl stirring constantly after the addition of each ingredient. Mix until the vinaigrette is emulsified and has thickened. Refrigerate the vinaigrette for at least 30 minutes before serving.
4. Stir the vinaigrette well before serving.